Wednesday 10 March 2010

What I’m working on…

As I’ve said in my info, I’m currently studying on a degree course. My course requires me to create a piece of work of my own choice. So, I wrote my own brief based around the theme of 1960’s psychedelia. I love everything about this era, the art, music, fashion and the lifestyle. One of the biggest influences on me from the 60’s has to be the Beatles. There music is beyond anything else I’ve ever heard, the first time I heard a Beatles song I knew it was something special. So that’s the overall theme of my project.

As I am fundamentally an animator, I am creating a short animated film using “60’s psychedelia” as the main theme. My film revolves around a character currently named “Mr. Bear”. He’s happily married to Mrs. Bear but discovers some addictive confectionary called “Trippy Whips©”. Mr. Bear becomes so addicted to the “trippy whips©” that Mrs. Bear decides she can’t take any more and leaves. Mr. Bears mind has been warped by the confectionary and he is now living inside his own mind. Mr. Bear has no idea that his wife has left him, and enjoys some time in his own world. It’s not until the effects of the “Trippy Whips©” gradually begin to wear off that signs of reality start to seep into his world. The big incline that reminds him that Mrs. Bear has gone is when he sees a Mermaid that looks like his wife. At this point everything fits into place for Mr. Bear and he realises that he’s being wasting his life away. So as if my magic, or maybe something else, were transported back the beginning of the story. This time Mr. Bear is watching the TV when Mrs. Bear walks in and sits down beside him. Suddenly an advert appears on the TV advertising “Trippy Whips©”. The two bears look at each other, smile and turn off the TV. So was it all a dream? Was it a vision? I’ll let you be the judge of that yourselves when the film is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment